Sunday, June 21, 2009

Intro

I'm bored and I need to do something. Anything. My sister has her scrapbook, maybe blogging will be my thing. Something to let me be creative, to create, because all I feel like I'm doing nowadays is consuming. Consuming books. Consuming movies. Consuming tv. All of that is good fun, but I feel like I need to produce. I wonder where that particular anxiety comes from? Wherever it comes from I need this to occupy a bit of my extra time and my brain. I need to take what I've been digesting and turn it into inspiration to create.

What will this blog be?

Primarily a journal. My personal thoughts. I'll probably review the books I'm reading or the movies I see. I read a lot of books and am fascinated by the book industry, which is what I hope to be a part of one day. I predict that I'll be sleeping on a friend's couch when I graduate, with the way things look now. But it also seems so exciting. It's a time where everything is changing, radically, and I want to be a part of that change. A new world.

Maybe I'll write some creative pieces. If I don't do some writing I fear that I will get out of practice. I find that always after a break between semesters, my writing skills turn rusty. So, this is also an attempt to keep in practice. So my professors won't scratch their heads, hold up my paper, and ask what's this?

After a time, if I think I've created something worthwhile maybe I'll share this journal with other people. I'll cross my fingers. I have this bad habit of starting things (journals, blogs, stories) and never finishing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment